Rhyton EDMS is a project engineering documents management system that has been designed and developed to provide an integrated approach to document management. Embedded with powerful reporting, workflow management, archiving, user control, and data insights, this package aims at facilitating engineering organizations in all phases of the engineering lifecycle, such as Document Engineering Management processes.
Rhyton Engineering’s management system offers three levels of process flow: the top-level flow between modules is provided at level one, and the workflow inside each module and between activities is provided at level two.
A dynamic embedded workflow design engine that allows for the definition or modification of processes inside of any activity is what the system provides at the final level.
The system can employ several flows for a straightforward activity like document distribution. As an illustration, consider the Piping discipline’s Class-A document flow and the other for Class-B and Class-C documents.
Rhyton Archiving system is a digital archive system that provides organizations and projects with an automated platform to store and manage electronic data, including e-mails, engineering documents, inspection documents, correspondence, and other documents. The ability to search across many data types within seconds helps users quickly retrieve data as part of a litigation or internal investigation.
- Maintaining a hierarchical Document breakdown structure (DBS);
- Controls document revisions;
- Facility to define a workflow or an acceptance flow on a document or group of documents;
- Access to the latest valid version of each document with the ability to review the previous revisions;
- Access control to each level of breakdown or each document type;
- Facility to lock the finalized document to prevent unwanted changes;
- Facility to temporarily share a copy.
Templates can be used in all stages of the project lifecycle. They are pre-formatted and already have some redundant details in place, making it easy to set up outputs, documents, reports, and other files without starting from scratch.
- Facility to create templates in Microsoft Word format;
- Assigning templates to any part of the system to get pre-designed outputs (i.e., a transmittal or a purchase order);
- Ability to design different templates for each project;
- Ability to assign several selective templates to a single documentation point, for example, internal comment sheet and outgoing formal comment sheet;
Reporting is the key to making informed business decisions and setting accurate expectations. With ready access to reports, you can track your project’s performance over time and take corrective action before it is too late.
- A flexible tool to modify or design new reports;
- Access to dozens of chart types;
- Ability to design pivots or tabular reports;
- Ability to create multi-level drill-down reports.
As the project moves from idea to planning to design and build, its digital assets grow larger and make more demands on the organization’s ability to control access levels. Managing project documents, information, and archives will be essential if your organization is going to meet these challenges.
- Flexible access levels on projects, disciplines, areas, and work packages;
- Access control on document and archives hierarchy;
- Access levels to document types and document groups.