The engineering phase of the project is the starting point of both Engineering Procurement Construction and Design Fabrication projects.
Most engineering companies use spreadsheets, custom-made software, or an engineering document management system (EDMS) software to manage their engineering flow, documents, and work products.
Controlling the scope of work, calculating weight changes and work progress, controlling revisions, managing modifications, and tight plan adherence become more complex and critical as project size and document volume increase.
RHYTON Provides an EDMS (Engineering Document Management System( that covers all the procedures mentioned above and even integrates other parts of the project from construction to operation.
The system is scalable in terms of the project’s size and is fully compatible with the organization’s role in the project.
- Master Document Register (MDR) for the main project and sub-projects;
- Ability to control several MDRs for a single project;
- Project scope’s change management;
- Documents’ responsibility control;
- Interface control between sub-contractors;
- Inter-project Engineering control.
Document Control Center (D.C.C.)
- Internal Review workflows;
- Internal distribution workflows to produce new documents or to complete current documents;
- Document automatic numbering based on the numbering procedure of each project;
- Controlling major and minor revisions;
- Auto-start document flow upon reaching the planned date, and all predecessors have been completed.
- Access to the latest valid revision of documents;
- Access to previous modifications for authorized people;
- Document history and chain reports.
Submittals, Transmittals, and Comment Sheets
- Receiving and distributing incoming Transmittals from design parties (if applicable) and incoming Comment-sheets from the project owner or client;
- Creating and issuing outgoing Transmittals to the project owner or client and outgoing Comment-sheets to the design parties (if applicable);
- Predefined templates and auto-numberings for outgoing Submittals, Transmittals, and Comment Sheets.
- Progress calculation based on the project’s PMS;
- Notifications on delays and events;
- Various progress, delay, and hold points reports that help to control the engineering work.
External Party Access
- Engineering outsourcing management;
- Online access to engineering sub-contractors and designers to check or submit documents or transmittals based on the scope of work and MDR;
- Online access to the client or project owner to check documents or submit comments.